Monday, April 20, 2009

Thoughts on Snowrunners last post

I was just reading some of the post by other class members and kind of related them in terms of how they fit into Christensens belief of cyberspace as an extension of 'real-space'. Actually, Snowrunner posted an interesting note last Friday that spoke about old institutions and industry giants are shaping cyberspace and defining it's direction. 

I relate that article to my last post, in that, as offline institutions assert themselves even more, the perception of a totally separate 'online' space becomes less and less relevant. A lot of the institutions are instrumental in creating offline barriers and constraints. Their presence online enforces the continuum that exists offline and and acts to create a consistency between virtual and real space...

Hmmm, Im curious to know if Christensen made any mention of this sort of institutional control as a reason for cultural embedding in Inuit webpages. I didn't pick up on anything of the sort, but perhaps that's due to the fact that I wasn't really looking...

1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts on the consistency the institutions are creating between virtual and real world. I wish I had this prior to submitting my paper ;) Thank you for reading my post.

    ReplyDelete